Our dentist, Dr. Greg Elliott, uses the Biolase dental laser for certain treatments at Elliott Dental Studio. Laser procedures may help reduce symptoms and healing times associated with traditional therapies.
What is laser therapy?
Laser therapy is an alternative method for performing dental procedures. There are several advantages to using lasers in dentistry, including not using a drill or freezing to perform a procedure. Lasers are ideal for patients who are afraid of needles or for children who are afraid of the sound of a drill.
What are the benefits?
- Accuracy and precision
- Less bleeding & swelling
- Fewer dental appointments
- Great for kids or nervous patients
What are they used for?
- Reduce the discomfort of canker and cold sores
- Perform biopsy procedures
- Expose partially erupted wisdom teeth
- Aid in treatment of gum disease
- Remove muscle attachments that limit proper movement
- Remove or reshape gum and bone tissues