Your First Visit
Please arrive about 10 minutes early so that you have enough time to fill out a New Patient Form*.
Your dentist will start by reviewing your medical and dental history and performing a dental exam. Your exam will include an examination of your gums, teeth, bite, and jaw, as well as an oral cancer screening and any X-rays that are required.
Your dentist will create a long-term dental treatment plan for you based on your medical history and examination. Your dentist will also answer any questions you may have about your dental health and treatment options.
*IMPORTANT: Any form submitted by email must be encrypted, to ensure it is secure. By submitting an unencrypted email form, you are consenting to an unsecured email. Alternatively, please print off the form, complete it, and bring it to our office.
Read the FAQs to learn more about what to expect at Elliott Dental Studio.
- Does your clinic offer treatment for dental emergencies?
Yes, we do! Here are some common situations and how you can handle them.
- Toothache - The first thing you need to do is to give us a call. To try and ease your pain, you can take an over-the-counter pain remedy or hold an ice pack against your face where you are experiencing pain.
- Chipped or broken tooth - Broken or chipped teeth can almost always be saved! If it's a small break, your dentist can use a white filling to fix the tooth. If the break is serious, a root canal may be needed. Your tooth may also need a crown.
- Knocked out tooth - You need to call us right away if you lose a permanent tooth. A tooth has a fair chance of taking root again if it is put back in place quickly enough.
- Badly bitten lip or tongue - If there is bleeding, use a clean cloth to press down on the part of the mouth that is bleeding. Use an ice pack to keep swelling down if the lip is swollen. Go to an emergency room if the bleeding does not stop.
- Something stuck between teeth - First, try using dental floss, gently and carefully, to remove the object. Don't poke between your teeth with anything sharp that can damage your gums or scratch the tooth surface. If you can't remove the object, we will try to remove it for you.
- Lost filling - Put a piece of softened, sugarless chewing gum in the spot where the filling was lost. This should protect the area for a short period until you can come to see us!
- What features does your clinic offer?
Our clinic offers a number of features, including:
- Convenient Locations & Hours
- Free On-site Parking
- Quick Check-up Appointments
- Multiple Appointment Bookings for Families
- Short Wait Times
- What is your appointment policy?
Our dental team strives to provide quality care, but dental work requires planning. This includes proper staffing, treatment room availability, and material preparation.
We reserve specific time blocks to meet patient schedules and dental needs. If you have an appointment, that time is reserved exclusively for you and we've prepared for your visit. Failure to keep this appointment deprives other patients.
Please be advised that effective July 1st, 2019 we will be enforcing our appointment policy.
- A 24-hour notice is needed to cancel an appointment. Cancellations less than 24 hours are considered "short cancellations" on your record. If 3 short cancellations occur, we may revoke your booking privileges. This means "day-of" bookings only, and appointment times may be limited.
- If you miss a confirmed appointment with no notice, a $50.00 cancellation fee will be charged. This fee is your responsibility and cannot be billed to an insurance plan. For appointments longer than 1 hour, a higher cancellation fee may be charged. This fee will have to be paid before we consider booking you again. This “no show” will be noted in your record, and 3 such no-shows will result in the loss of your booking privileges.
- Appointments that cannot be confirmed within 24 hours of the scheduled time will be removed from the schedule.
We offer phone and automated appointment reminders. Please check with one of our receptionists to ensure we have the most accurate and up-to-date contact information on file for you, including mobile phone and email contacts.
- How can I book an appointment?
- How do I cancel or reschedule an appointment?
- Do you offer appointment reminders?
In the days before your appointment, you will receive automated phone, text, or email appointment reminders from us. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please call us as soon as possible to let us know.
- Do you provide services in any languages other than English?
Our office is only able to provide service in English at this time.
- Does your clinic have on-site parking?
Yes, we have free on-site parking available for all our patients. We are also easily accessible by public transit.
Support for Anxious Patients
Anxiety or fear around dental appointments is very common and it can prevent people from getting the dental care they need. If this sounds like you, don't fret.
The team at Elliott Dental Studio has practices in place, including dental sedation options, to help you relax during your appointments.
Insurance & Financing
At Elliott Dental Studio, we'll help you navigate payment options, your insurance claims, and financing so you can focus on achieving your goals.
Insurance ClaimsWe can bill your insurance company directly, and our administrative team is happy to help you better understand your insurance plan.
The full cost of your treatment must be paid at the time of your appointment. We accept cash, debit cards, and most major credit cards.
We offer financing through DentAssure to help our patients afford treatment. At your next appointment, talk to us to learn more.